• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cynder's mom

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Need more information about her, set up, age, lighting, temps, what are you feeding?

Ann

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not sure how old she is but I think 6-9 months, 40 gallon tank, 120 heat and separate uvb, & apples, organic baby spinach, fresh cabbage, and fresh blackberry's....

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
I honestly dont know a whole lot about dragons like most on here but I just think you might need to find what your dragon wants. My dragon doesn't want much as far as fruits go. He really loves collard greens, green onions and bell peppers. I cut the collard greens into pieces small enough for him and the bell peppers and onions I dice pretty small. I've tried carrots, strawberries and other types of leafy greens. Hope I've helped a little bit.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure how old she is but I think 6-9 months, 40 gallon tank, 120 heat and separate uvb, & apples, organic baby spinach, fresh cabbage, and fresh blackberry's....
She still may be in the stage of wanting mostly proteins...have a look at the link below my comment the general care one that will take you to a thread that has 2 really good food item links of what you can feed what you shouldn't what is daily what is occasionally and what is a rarely fed item.. spinach is one of those foods that shouldn't be fed as it has too much calcium and is very hard to digest.. cabbage is an occasional item, blackberries is also an occasional item..
As far as the temps: what is her basking temp, her warm temp and her cool side temp? It could be that you need to bump up her temps or maybe your bulbs need to be replaced. If your using coil bulbs those can damage their eyes, tube UVB bulbs are the best like the T5 HO 10.0 uvb set ups.
@Lasen72 I've not heard of feeding onions..does he like them? I would think they are acidic?

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry, meant to say green onions, and Dooku LOVES them!!! It was the first thing other than bugs that I found he really liked

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry, meant to say green onions, and Dooku LOVES them!!! It was the first thing other than bugs that I found he really liked
I've done some checking and all I'm finding is that onions and green onions are too acidic for them to eat. This is from the following site. Just wanted to let you know...
http://www.onlinebeardeddragoncare.com/can-bearded-dragons-eat-green-onions/
the calcium : phosphorus ratio of green onions is quite disproportionate. They are also quite acidic.
This means that cant eat them at all. Green onions are extremely acidic to bearded dragons and will harm them if eaten.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Onions are not good for them neither is spinach or cabbage. If you look up onions and garlic they are toxic to cats and dogs so I wouldn't try feeding them to any of my pets.

Latest posts