• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Curious movements

Amanda Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
My new beardie has started moving around a lot. Which i know is normal, but lately he's been doing this weird arm wave thing, Like when a human rotates their shoulders. and also a head bob thing. I am just wondering is he is seeing his reflection in his viv or what.. he's not puffed up or anything when he does it.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's what they do & yes it may very well be that it sees it's reflection, but those are simply characteristic actions of a BD.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's a sign of submission. If they see their reflection in the tank, they could think it's another beardie and they're letting them know they are submissive, or they're acknowledging the other one's presence.

When there's more than one beardie, waves are sign of submission, I believe. Head bobs are kinda both sub and dominant but not 100 percent sure from what I've read.

They'll do this to their humans too. Jethro did it once to me, it was a little arm wave. But he hasn't really done much of that since then.

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hehe I know right!? I wish I'd been able to get a picture of Jethro when he did his arm wave at me!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Don't worry, you'll see many more arm waves to come. It's part of what makes our beardies so loveable.

Latest posts