• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crushed superworms? (Emergency!)

Jaq_Wyld_45

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know superworms can cause impaction. my bearded dragon is about 2 months old, but supers are all I have at the moment (more dubias are on the way). If I crush them up a little bit will it be safe for my little dude?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know superworms can cause impaction. my bearded dragon is about 2 months old, but supers are all I have at the moment (more dubias are on the way). If I crush them up a little bit will it be safe for my little dude?
Are the small? You don't want to feed them if they are bigger than the space between his eyes length wise

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are medium. A little bit wide, but I could cut them in half.
Yes do that use them as lures to the salad bowl- he needs salads first thing in the morning- get some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com get a ceramic or glass bowl so they can't get out of -- use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder do not dust them--- dubias are a great compliment to the BSFL- make sure you add the BSFL in front of him to the bowl-- I will post a nutrition website tomorrow

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just need to know if I crush them up a little bit if they'll be safe and not cause impaction.
Cut them up or in half and you won't feed them long enough to cause impaction--- - just don't feed a lot of them at one time-- they are a treat worm what you don't want is him getting hooked on them and not eating anything else

Jaq_Wyld_45

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes do that use them as lures to the salad bowl- he needs salads first thing in the morning- get some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com get a ceramic or glass bowl so they can't get out of -- use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder do not dust them--- dubias are a great compliment to the BSFL- make sure you add the BSFL in front of him to the bowl-- I will post a nutrition website tomorrow
I'll have dubias again by the day after tomorrow but until then I just need to keep him healthy with whatever I can.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, I'm one of those lucky people who's beardie loves his salads. haha
Ok good and yes you are one of the lucky ones I have two that wont eat them offered every morning w/ some sort of worm on top and they aint havin' it

Latest posts