• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

crickets

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
so, twice I bought crickets (from 2 different places) and both times it seems like a lot of the crickets are almost too big. I bought 1/4 in. crickets... are their 1/8 in crickets as well? I think I might need to get those instead....

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't understand how 1/4" crickets can be too big :confused:. Or are they giving you larger ones?

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
the container said 1/4 in and most are smallish... some are quite big though, definitely at least 1/2 in to 3/4 in. they are at least longer than the space btwn my beardies eyes, which is what I heard was how to gauge correct cricket size. While we are on the topic of crickets, do you recommend any websites for buying them in bulk? and what are your thoughts on phoenix worms?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are a few sites in the for sale section for feeders. Phoenix worms are good in that they have a much higher calcium content that most feeders, but like most worms are also fattier than crix or roaches. I wouldn't recommend any worm as a sole staple feeder.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I was feeding mine 1/8" when they were born, 1/4" crickets should be fine. They must have been holding on to them for a while and some grew at faster rates, or they still had some from their last batch or two in the bin when they tossed in their new orders. I would recommend ordering them if you're having an issue.

Latest posts