• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crickets

Gavinsherps

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello! New to the forum. Not too new to beardies. Just have a question. I recently changed feeder crickets to a bigger, fatter(and hungrier) bunch. The crickets are substantially bigger and my dragon is 1 1/2 year old. My beardie is now eating less veggies, a lot less.. I was wondering if the fat crickets could be curbing her appetite.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome. They probably are. Make sure the crickets are no bigger than the space between his eyes. I would cut back on crickets until he starts eating his greens. Adults should be eating 80% veg/greens to 20% protein (cricket/worms)
What greens are you using?

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree with the above post...They do not need as much protein as adults compared to when they are still growing. I offer George live food a couple times a week. The rest of the time he is eating veggies and fruits.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
at the moment, Yoda is about 7-8 months old. He eats about 4-5 tablespoons of greens but he still eats alot of crickets. I'm not so worried because he is a good greens eater.he's only 104 grams in weight so he has a bit of growing to do

Latest posts