• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crickets in captivity

Beth D

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

We have a new beardie in our house. I’m wondering how long we can expect crickets to live if we keep them in a cricket container with food and water. I’d love to use mailorder crickets but not sure how long they’ll live, and it doesn’t seem economical for small amounts of crickets. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If you keep them clean and well fed they should last for weeks. I kept mine in a 20g tank with a metal ventilated top. I gave them water crystals and the
Greens from the dragons and gave them lots of toilet paper holders and egg crates to hide in. They are pretty dirty so a few times a week you’ll want to clean out the excess poop and exoskeletons.

Latest posts