• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket Count

Christopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How many crickets does your dragon go through in a day?

I originally wanted to start this thread to answer 2 questions (but I got curious):
> How many small crickets should my 1 month old dragons be eating daily and/or per sitting.
> How much water should they be drinking? I understand they get a lot of their hydration though feeding and absorption but I read somewhere that you can supplement with drinking water. To start out I took advice from that same bit of reading and tried coax them to drink by using a dropper to place a drip and their respective noses. They will lick 1 drop then become completely uninterested. Is this normal?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
10 to 15 appropriately sized crickets twice per day. i supplement my guys water by giving them baths twice a week and as they got older they learned to drink from the tub. just dribble some water over their nose and splash a little. sometimes its seems like they'll drink it all.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
my jessie has been eating these last few day 20 to 24 cricket twice a day and he is 6 in a half inches and weigh 10g

Christopher

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Eesh, mine have been eating 5-6 twice a day. I sure hope changing from a reptisun 5.0 to 10.0 straightens this out.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Getting the proper heating & lighting in your viv will help with his apetite as it needs to be right in order to aid digestion. If these things are wrong, then he will not function normally. Dont feed him anything larger than the space between his eyes.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya it verys per dragon i have some that eat allot of cricket and little salad some that dont care for insects but go crazy over salad and some that will eat anything you put in front of them.

Latest posts