• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket Breeding?

Shoulon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, uhm... Haven't had much time too google my ass off on this. Wondering if you guy's could post sum info n link's n various other stuff to help me get into this? thanks...

Shoulon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Or should I just buy em in Bulks maybe?

sorry to double post but cant edit....

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i tried breeding them until my dogs knocked the tub over a couple of thousand of crix to catch is annoying, tbh i would buy them in bulk or breed roaches crix stink and take alot of care to keep them clean and healthy

paul

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I looked into breeding crix and it is too much work. I do keep bulk crix as Florida does not allow roaches to be shipped to FL. Bulk crix stink. I only keep 250 at a time and the smell when I open the bin is bad. If at all possible keep roaches. I am anti roach but am anti stink more.

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've breed crickets successfully a few times. I wouldnt say its hard work. I just got like 10 dozen from the store, and put a little cup of moist soil in the bin with the crickets. About a month later, put the cup, full-o-eggs into a seperate bin, keeping the soil moist, threw some cat food into the corner, and waited till they hatched. really not too hard, but yes that many crix does stink. nasty things.

Latest posts