• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cover Tank?

mama

Hatchling Dragon
I just want to make sure I have everything set before I get my BD.

At night do any of you cover your tanks so they have complete darkness? Obviously this would only be if the tank is in a main living area. My concern with this would be air flow. But maybe I'm over thinking.

Thank you!!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used to, but I don't anymore.

When I first got Alley, he didn't have anything. No cloths to sleep on, or anything for that matter. He was sick and had accidents. I gave him as much warmth in the beginning. I started using old pillowcases to cover him, then discovered flannel pillow cases to use as a bed. Then I filled it with foam or using an old pillow. Then I bought a large fleece blanket and baby receiving blanket.

All in all: Uses a pillow, flannel pillowcase, a receiving blanket and a fleece blanket. I use CHE on the top. I don't like him cool or cold. I like him warm.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I cover the front glass of mine with a large cloth, but the vents are at the back so the air still gets in :) i would just try to shield from any obvious, disturbing light source. If the dragon looks disturbed i would definatley make an effort to simulate a natural light cycle :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I cover the front glass of mine with a large cloth, but the vents are at the back so the air still gets in :) i would just try to shield from any obvious, disturbing light source. If the dragon looks disturbed i would definatley make an effort to simulate a natural light cycle :D
I definitely would agree with Em on this one. Don't cover the vents, dragons need the air flow.

Latest posts