• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Confusing patch of scales on tail

Ellefm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone, I took in a rescue beardie a couple months ago and a recent patch has developed on the little guy’s tail and I can’t figure out I what it is. Is this the beginning of shed? Is it scale rot? I’m concerned! Please advise , I am happy to answer any questions
D6CF4038-4317-4419-BC69-DB89FAA80457.jpeg
87939685-03AE-425D-AF52-24D170179AEE.jpeg

doki_doki_dragon

Hatchling Dragon
Don't worry, it is the beginning of the beardies shed.
It might look like that for a while, until it is ready to shed. His face might look that soon too, as well as his feet. They don't look as weird though, at least on my beardie.

Are you new with bearded dragons?
To help with shedding make sure they have good foods available (collard greens, bell pepper, other veggies as well as live food), plenty of baths (warm water 95°-100°f, soak for 15 minutes or for as long as they want), and give them lots of love! Pets, snuggles, little treats sometimes.
As long as they look happy and healthy, their shedding will go by smoothly.

*They may get aggressive during shedding so be careful. Especially when they are shedding their face because shed can block their eyes.

Latest posts