• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned yet?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Baby hasn't pooped for a few days now. Since my babies are over 16" now, I gave them superworms for the first time a few days ago. Baby's last poop was that day, before I gave the babies the worms. Also since she was relocated, she hasn't been wanting to bask much. She does eat her normal amount of crickets, though. Is it because she's not basking that she's not pooping? (not digesting and passing food properly). I did give her a bath and a nice tummy massage. Anyway, how long can she go without pooping, till it becomes concerning?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are the temps in the basking spot?

Keep up the soaks every day. Sometimes they do go a few days, so I wouldn't get too concerned yet. You can try some canned pumpkin to help the process along.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd keep the baths up daily and gently massage her tummy.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long ago was the relocation?

Honestly, though, I used to worry at times like this, too....it's natural for us. Maybe they're starting to fall into a bit more of a juvenile pattern where they won't go everyday. With us being like we are and watching their every move, we pick up on these patterns.....sometimes a little too well. Perhaps you just happened to notice the first juvenile pattern.

Like the others suggested, just keep up with the soaks and massage her tummy.....and make sure her basking temp is proper. That could be why she's not wanting to bask as much (since the relocation and all). Eventually, she'll come around.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Lisa, the basking spot is normally 102-106. About a week ago, her basking spot was 114. I thought that maybe it was just too hot for her (even though she would bask in that temperature when she was living with me). So I got another bulb. Darn halogen bulb was still too hot - but I got another bulb now.

Cragier, they were relocated 2.5 weeks ago.

Good news though, she left a big poop for me today. ;D

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
having an animal poop after a long wait is so relieving. we had had our veiled chameleon for two weeks and she hadn't pooped. we took her to the vet where they gave her fluids, and on the way home she was movin around alot and pooped on me in the car lol.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let's do the poopy celebration dance! Glad things are looking better.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jeeze, Craig. It's like the Indian rain dance, no rain involved at the time of the dance. ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was just having visions of Frodo "Michelangelo-ing" his floor....and was thinking Renee's "Poopy Celebration Dance" followed suit. I mean, the title does have "celebration" in it. As in, Post-Poop. LOL!

Only on a reptile forum do you get to talk about poop and dancing and get away with it. :D

Latest posts