• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned and new to Forum

Payson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi! My name is Payson and I have a bearded dragon named Roll. I have a concern. I have had her for nearly 2 years now and she is so wonderful and loving. The other day I was giving her a bath and she pooped which is perfectly normal behavior. However, this time part of her poop was rock hard. There were 2 pieces about a half inch long and not very thick. I am concerned. Could it be a build up of calcium? Should I be worried. ??

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The hard fecal/urates usually means she isn't getting enough fluids in her diet.
However, to address your concern with the calcium, how much are you offering her weekly ?

Hope this helps ?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
this time part of her poop was rock hard. There were 2 pieces about a half inch long and not very thick.

Can you clarify to me which part was hard. The poop part or the urates ?

Payson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am not sure what part of the poop it is. Sometimes there is a white part of it along with the brownish part of it. It was in the brownish part of it. 2 times a week we dust her crickets with calcium. She has a hearty salad everyday and about 20 crickets. She takes a bath once a week for 20 minutes. Thanks for all your help. It's nice to have my questions answered

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
your calcium supplementation is fine. At 2 years, i'll assume she may have gone thru brumation or a slow down during the winter season. At times, it takes a few bowel movements to get things moving in the right order (which means the right consistency, but that makes it sound like cake batter, eeeeeeeeeeew)

At the size they are, I wouldn't worry, but would definitely keep an eye open for lengthy re-occurrences. If this continues for the next 3-4 weeks I'd choose to have a fecal ran to assure myself, if nothing else.

In the mean time, you might try giving her an additional bath during the week and maybe a small taste of canned pumpkin. Careful the pumpkin turns poop orange. lol

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I see LK answered your Q. Darned time zone differences ;D

We would love to see pics of your pooper

Latest posts