• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned about the amount of light in giving my baby beardie...

Sera_J

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is this a good enclosure for giving my baby Alduin the light he needs? there's two basking spots on the net and the DIY rock and he has 2 cave entrances into the rock (though he rarely uses the cave if at all, I haven't seen him go in the myself) so he can regulate his temperature and I usually turn off the heat lamp and light lamps to the left at night and leave the other heat lamp to the right since he seems to like that basking spot more.
IMG_20200613_005824308.jpg

Sera_J

Bearded Dragon Egg
Looking on my phone and I can't tell if you have a uvb tube?
yeah it's the one in the middle I think. haven't looked too much into it but should I keep the lights off at night? or is that not giving him the amount of light he needs?

HarleyQuinns_Dad

Hatchling Dragon
yeah it's the one in the middle I think. haven't looked too much into it but should I keep the lights off at night? or is that not giving him the amount of light he needs?

No you need to swap out the middle light. Coil UVB are not good for Beardies. They do best with a tube style uvb. You will need a new fixture for it. Also that enclosure looks small.

Also lights off at night. I go 8am to 8pm lights on.

Definitely do some research!

Reactions: N W

Latest posts