• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned about my baby dragon! possibly sick?

ktwetten

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,
I got my second bearded dragon on November 28th of 2014. When i got him/her they were about 4 1/2 inches long, and currently they are a little under 8 inches long. When i first got the little one they were very very active and always running around the cage with a lot of energy. from day one i have had issues getting them to eat more than 2 or 3 crickets a day. A couple weeks ago he started to dull due to shedding and it seemed as though they had a rough shed because it took a "shed bath" formula to get it off. So, i'm assuming stress from that plays a huge part in the lack of appetite, but i can't seem to get his appetite back and it has been 3 days since he quit shedding. He is a little lethargic but not to the point where he isn't able to keep his head up or anything like that, just looks skinny from not eating and i don't know if he is sick or what?? His basking side since i got him was at about 85-95, but i today i bought a heat emitter that bumped it up to about 100-105, i don't know if that will help or if anyone thinks that is the reason that maybe he isn't eating? any advice on how to get him to eat or if i am doing something wrong would be wonderful, any further questions please let me know. It has been about 2 weeks and all he has ate was 1 meal worm, and 1 wax worm
20150122_150141.jpg
20150121_163727.jpg
20150122_150426.jpg
View attachment 11492

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
What are they housed on? Sand, tile, carpet, ECT. Also what kind of UV light? What size terrarium and what are you using to measure temp and humidity? Are they housed together and is one competing with the other for food? More dominant?

These are important with beardies this small and kept together. Keeping them apart makes it much easier to regulate and keep track of. Answers to these will really help us be able to provide more accurate answers.

Latest posts