• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Commercial pet food

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried the dried food & not 1 of my dragons showed any interest in it. I've heard of a product called Zoo Food that is supposed 2 be very good but I haven't tried it either.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well i caught him munching on his salad and that t-rex food this mourning you should try it but read the ingredients on the back first .. i researched it and it is a really balanced diet but i just mix it in with his salad so maybe he will start to eat his salad more

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My girl loves her pellet food. She eats fresh greens everyday but I also give her a small dish of her moistened pellets everyday. I buy the Rep-Cal brand. It smells really yummy, kind of fruity. The smell reminds me of a protein shake. She was used to easting this when we got a her a month ago and as long as she continues to eat her greens too I don't mind giving her the pellets. Of course, in my opinion, if you were to feed only one thing fresh is always better.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I won't use any pellets. I really don't see the need to. If you feed fresh veggies, with calcium powder, and healthy live feeders then why would you need to? I don't want to feed any preservatives or food dye to them. Just my opinion.

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my baby loves her Baby Bites that I mix into her salad every day. she won't eat her greens if the baby stuff isn't in there, so id say it depends on your dragon

drgnfly2265: i hear ya about not wanting to give them preservatives or dyes. i dont like to eat them myself. when i was talking to another beardie owner at the pet store she said that she has given all her beardies pellets and they're healthy so I figured using the same ones couldn't hurt.

Latest posts