• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Clipping nails

Babygurlspammi

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardies claws are extremely sharp now I want to clip them but am pretty nervous. Do u guys have any advice?

Babygurlspammi

Bearded Dragon Egg
All Of hers are clear so is it the dark bit that runs through the nail that causes the bleed if u nip it ? Sorry may sound silly question but want to be sure

Babygurlspammi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry said it the wrong way rOund hers are all clear then have dark at bottom is the clear bit that makes em bleed?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
In the middle of her nail starting from where it meets the toe and ending somewhere just before the tip there is a pink area, that is what you don't want to cut. Unless you have a very steady hand and good eye site I think it would be very hard to cut the very tiny tip of her nail off.

Some people say that having slate tile in the tank and rocks to climb on acts as a natural nail file.

Latest posts