• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleaning supplies that kill coccidia?

Jasmine

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie eragon passed away almost a month ago now, and for the past week I've been looking into breeders and also new tanks and such

So I'm planning on replacing all of the branches and substrate, but I'm stuck on whether I should search for a new tank, or find something to clean out the old one and kill the coccidia he had.

Any advice would be extremely helpful, thank you ^_^

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Bake anything wooden at 250 degrees f for 2-2.5 hours, and for the tank a mixture of 1 part bleach to 10-20 parts water can be used, I've seen different recommendations on the exact measurements but as long as the tank doesn't smell like bleach when you're done you're good. Let it air dry and wipe it down after the bleach if you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jasmine

Bearded Dragon Egg
Bake anything wooden at 250 degrees f for 2-2.5 hours, and for the tank a mixture of 1 part bleach to 10-20 parts water can be used, I've seen different recommendations on the exact measurements but as long as the tank doesn't smell like bleach when you're done you're good. Let it air dry and wipe it down after the bleach if you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! I'll have to get some bleach tomorrow then, or at least sometime this weekend. Thanks for the quick reply!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You can also find coccidiacidal cleaners on amazon. They're formulated to kill coccidia specifically.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Bleach doesn't kill coccidia or much of anything else. Ammonia and steam is the only thing that can kill it. Go to the Beautiful Dragons website and click on disinfectants it will show you the ratio to use.

Jasmine

Bearded Dragon Egg
Bleach doesn't kill coccidia or much of anything else. Ammonia and steam is the only thing that can kill it. Go to the Beautiful Dragons website and click on disinfectants it will show you the ratio to use.
Thanks! I'll do more research on there soon, I was planning to go to the store tomorrow anyway.

Latest posts