• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Christmas is coming!!

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
Hello world of Beardie Lovers :)
I wanted to post a question and see what everyone has to say :) That's why we are here right ahahaha!! :D

What will you be getting your beardie for Christmas? (or holiday you celebrate...)
How will you spend the Holidays with your beardie?

This will be Gordo's first Christmas with me, and my 2 pets rat's, it's their first Christmas ever :)
I'm trying to find/make a good snuggle toy for Gordo, and my rats are going to get a new hide away house! They have kinda chewed up the last one ;)
Obviously I will get super worms and fruit treats for Gordo too, and my rats will get their fave....a half a bagel chip each, they LOVE bagel chips and are so cute when they eat them ;)

Well?? What will you do?

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
That is a good question! I really have NO idea!!!! I also have 3 cats and they don't play with toys or anything so I am honestly clueless. I don't know how old your beardie is, but one thing they absolutely LOVE is hammocks. Just be careful it doesn't get ADDICTED to it's hammock, because literally my beardie will not leave his hammock at all unless hes eating or pooping. I just recently bought him an awesome long climbing branch but he is so stubborn! The only time he went on the branch was when his hammock fell down when I wasn't home and he looked scared to death, the poor thing. I tried taking away his hammock awhile ago but he was so lost and confused without it and I felt so guilty that I put it back up lol. Do you have any suggestions what I could get my pets?

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
Gordo has a hammock but doesn't really use it, he has a slate rock I propped up against other rocks and that is like his fave spot :)

My cat doesn't really play with toys either, but he LOVES the temptations naturals salmon flavored treats, and they are pretty good for him too, so he gets them randomly. short story... I have experience as a vet tech for 4 years... I moved to California and vet techs have to be registered, sooo I'm going to school to become registered...point being...I learned in class the other day that cats need to eat grass, it helps "lubricate" so to speak their insides, so when they have hairballs or etc, they can "pass them" behind or from front, ( not sure how to put that and it not sound gross:confused:) ANYWAY... they have grass kits of catnip and indoor grass, you could get them a container of that and put it in a window sill they like for them to enjoy :) I've seen organic ones at petco......

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
OH, ya! My cats LOVE catnip. Well....sometimes. They are so picky. Sometimes they love catnip, sometimes they could care less. But they definitely seem to like the plant better, so that is probably what I'll get! Good idea! In the meantime, what could I get for my beardie? I don't want to add anything more to his cage to make it cluttered or anything, and he won't eat anything BUT crickets right now, so that doesn't leave me with many options. Maybe just a bit more snuggling will have to do;)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lets see, I've given early presents to my bird and gerbil, and dogs. Now Allie's turn. I've given her a stuffed Husky, Hammock for her birthday, and a bag of a playsand. Petland ran out of superworms so I'll have to find something else for her. :( I really hope more of my jewelry sells so I can get more supplies. I've witnessed a customer buying a pair of round peppermint ball post earrings I made...and I might go to Petland again later in the month to check out more supplies. They had been closed and reopened under new management. Whenever I went there, no one acknowledged me or asked me if I needed help. They always ignored me. Now, I was greeted and asked the moment I walked into the store. What a change! I looked in the beardies and found several in the tank, basking.

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
OH, ya! My cats LOVE catnip. Well....sometimes. They are so picky. Sometimes they love catnip, sometimes they could care less. But they definitely seem to like the plant better, so that is probably what I'll get! Good idea! In the meantime, what could I get for my beardie? I don't want to add anything more to his cage to make it cluttered or anything, and he won't eat anything BUT crickets right now, so that doesn't leave me with many options. Maybe just a bit more snuggling will have to do;)

Are they young beardies? more snuggling is always an option :) you could have them out most of the day christmas day :) depending on whos at your house hee hee. I'm finding that Gordo LOVES grapes, I give them to him randomly, they are squishy enough if your beardie is young he could probably eat them :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We go to a lot of trouble creating a good environment for them, periodic excursions out of the enclosure are fine, but regular extended time out of their environment is not the best of plans, away from the heat & lighting that aids in their food digestion & needed UVB, etc. There is also the stress factor, when there are strangers around.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Snuggling is a great option :) But yes Germ, I agree...I wouldn't take my Baby out for an extended period of time, especially around strangers! I notice that when my boyfriend sleeps over if he is in the kitchen in the morning, Baby will get distracted by his crickets and just watch him because he is scared. I wish winter didn't exist because then I'd take him outside for a long time! I can't wait until the warm weather again when I can do that because it really made him super happy.

Latest posts