• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Children's play sand and Kyuubi

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Back in September when kyuubi got put onto sand he started doing a LOT of glass dancing and i could not figure out why.

five days ago i removed the washed children's play sand as it was way to dusty and it needed to go. so he is back on reptile carpet.

ever sense i moved him off the sand he has not done any glass dancing.

i dont know why but Kyuubi must not like sand, must have bothered him but i own a BD that does not like sand.

anyone know anything about something like this?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
5 days is not enough to say that the sand was the cause of the Glass dancing, & I doubt very much that it was. I have had some that frequently dance while others don't regardless of the substrate.

The drop in activity would more likely be from being in an acclimation period. You have made, once again, a huge change in it's environment. Very similar to rehoming a BD, it will take a while to settle in & be comfy again.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I did not think of that, I will keep an eye on him. If he does not do anymore glass dancing then I will attribute it to the sand.

Now i'm not saying it causes harm to all or any bearded dragons. i just think mine does not like it because of the dust.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Lots of people talk about the dust from sand.... I have sand for Spike and don't have any dust. But then again....Spike has never been a very active dragon. He has never glass danced that I know of....so interesting how beardies are so different....just like people!! :rolleyes:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally, I don't think the glass dancing is because of the dust, but the dust is because of the glass dancing. ;)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Update: still no glass dancing. keeping an eye on him. IDK, maybe I'm spending more time around him and that's why he stopped glass dancing, though i know they don't really care for us anyway.

Latest posts