• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CHE at night?

vickicourtney

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 4 month old bearded (Rodan). I has received conflicting guidance on CHE at night. I have him on a 7 to 7 schedule for UVB and daylight bulb. I currently leave the CHE on 24/7. The temp drops at night even with the heat bulb but not sure if I should turn it off. He is eating and pooping great and generally seems to be happy and healthy. So much conflicting info.. also any advice on whether to feed mealworms in lieu of crickets would be welcomed. I have attached a pic of my handsome boy (I think.. no official gender yet) just cuz he is so darn cute

Attachments

• 20231121_073819.jpg
    20231121_073819.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 4 month old bearded (Rodan). I has received conflicting guidance on CHE at night. I have him on a 7 to 7 schedule for UVB and daylight bulb. I currently leave the CHE on 24/7. The temp drops at night even with the heat bulb but not sure if I should turn it off. He is eating and pooping great and generally seems to be happy and healthy. So much conflicting info.. also any advice on whether to feed mealworms in lieu of crickets would be welcomed. I have attached a pic of my handsome boy (I think.. no official gender yet) just cuz he is so darn cute
CHE's are good for night time temps dropping below 65 at night- you want ambient temps at night 65-75-- dragons like cool and dark when healthy if they are sick that is when you want night time temps warmer like around 80ish to help w/ the immune system-- the meal worms are not a good feeder for babies - the exoskeleton on the worm is too harsh and can cause impaction -- please do not feed until older closer to a year old --- good staple feeders for them are BSFL great for babies to put on top of their salads as lures to the salad bowl -- crickets - dubia roaches I recommend them they are a better feeder or silk worms -- super worms can be fed 1-3 every couple of days - horn worms are a good hydrating worm - stay away from wax worms they are very fatty and long term use can cause liver issues-- if fed feed sparingly --- feed as many BSFL as you want but beware if the dragon likes them he will gobble them down too fast and they will come out undigested so if feeding them I would feed like 20 or so at a time- you want him chewing them up -- if you want websites for any of the things I posted let me know I will post websites for you

vickicourtney

Bearded Dragon Egg
CHE's are good for night time temps dropping below 65 at night- you want ambient temps at night 65-75-- dragons like cool and dark when healthy if they are sick that is when you want night time temps warmer like around 80ish to help w/ the immune system-- the meal worms are not a good feeder for babies - the exoskeleton on the worm is too harsh and can cause impaction -- please do not feed until older closer to a year old --- good staple feeders for them are BSFL great for babies to put on top of their salads as lures to the salad bowl -- crickets - dubia roaches I recommend them they are a better feeder or silk worms -- super worms can be fed 1-3 every couple of days - horn worms are a good hydrating worm - stay away from wax worms they are very fatty and long term use can cause liver issues-- if fed feed sparingly --- feed as many BSFL as you want but beware if the dragon likes them he will gobble them down too fast and they will come out undigested so if feeding them I would feed like 20 or so at a time- you want him chewing them up -- if you want websites for any of the things I posted let me know I will post websites for you
Thank you!!

Latest posts