• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Charlotte, NC

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Does anyone live in Charlotte NC who has worms???
I want to try the diffent worms and see how my Beardie "Critter" likes them before buying a whole bunch.... mainly interested in Staples but any right now since he has yet to have worms that i know of...

Thank you for your time :)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I live in Raleigh and raise most species. But it would be cheaper on you to pick up a small cup at Pet Smart or Pet Co to see if he likes them.

How old is he?

by the way
the reptile show is May 1 and 2nd here in Raleigh. C'mon..........

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I tried Petsmart, Pet co, Pet land, Pet Supermarket no one haev live anything and can only find canned superworms. Not sure if his first worm should be something he can only have as a treat?

He is about 4 old and 11 3/4 inches

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll assume that's months?
If he is 4 months.....you can hold off on the worms for a few more months if you like since they are treats. You'll want to give him supers as a treat, hornworms, or silkworms can be fed more often.

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im sorry 4 months old

I wanted to see if i could get him one silk or phoniex as a staple since he doesnt care to much for crickets... he goes after them eagerly them after a few he's uninterested.... and he only nibbles on his salad.

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok I think im going to buy Calci Worms???

Any opinions???

Im reading they are just like Phoniex worms as far as nutrition and like Wax worms as far as texture???

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah.. Calci worms.. Similar I have heard, but I haven't any experience. I'd buy the phoenix, or the silks instead... Silks being the top.
Don't worry that your 4 month old isn't all the interested in veggies yet.. just persist in offering them daily, eventually baby will get the "taste" and mow through a whole salad, and then two a day some days.
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
calci worms are basically the same as pheonix. Hermetia Illucens--Black Soldier Fly.

For reference...............here's a quick read on "origin" of the Black Soldier
http://insects.tamu.edu/fieldguide/cimg226.html

It'll take alot of money to feed a 4 month old that size worm. (picture something the size of a maggot).

I'd go with the silks if i were looking for a worm as a staple.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OH, my home town. I miss it so much. Was trying to move back but my hubby cant find work so we are going to stay in Florida at least one more year.

Latest posts