• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Change in Rosie's personality

lisa foster

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I had though that Rosie was a girl so I adopted a second adult female as it turned out Rosie is a boy. Since Rosie saw Peggy she is like a different dragon. he is jet black all the time because he has to spend some time alone in his enclosure so I can handle Peggy. When I have him out with me he blackbeards me and everything else in sight even though he cannot see her. He only turns his bright colors when he is with me and when he is in his enclosure he will not bask as much he sits in the corner all black. I feel terrile because he is not used to not being with me. i am wondering oif as long as their is a female in the house will he act this way? maye I am just eing overly sensitive about her not getting the attention he used to?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he will calm down as long as you keep them in different rooms. we tried to put a female with one of my males 2 months ago and it took him 2 weeks to quit head bobbing. if you try keeping them in the same enclosure, he will aggrevate her to mate all the time and they will stay stressed out or possibly even fight.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I had though that Rosie was a girl so I adopted a second adult female as it turned out Rosie is a boy. Since Rosie saw Peggy she is like a different dragon. he is jet black all the time because he has to spend some time alone in his enclosure so I can handle Peggy. When I have him out with me he blackbeards me and everything else in sight even though he cannot see her. He only turns his bright colors when he is with me and when he is in his enclosure he will not bask as much he sits in the corner all black. I feel terrile because he is not used to not being with me. i am wondering oif as long as their is a female in the house will he act this way? maye I am just eing overly sensitive about her not getting the attention he used to?

Hi Lisa, we have 3 males & 3 females our makes are fine unless they see the females then they tend to bob or run to their viv, or glass dance. when we first separated our male & female the male bopped and had a black beard constantly for a couple of weeks, but when he realised he wasnt getting to her he stopped. We always bring them out seperately too, never to boys & girls together.
I'm sure he will settle down. Like everything else it just takes time :)

lisa foster

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Good. No worries I would never house two beardies together. I also have no plans to bring them together to mate. I guess I am feeling a it guilty Rosie is used to being the center of my attention and she hates eing cooped up when I am home. He peeks at me from his enclosure with those sad beardie eyes. There enclosures are in seperate rooms but my first floor of my house is an open floor plan there are wide entryways but no doors so I drape his enclsoure with curtains.

Latest posts