• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ceramic heater

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi could someone suggest a good ceramic heater and a suitable thermometer/hygrometer? Thanks Amy.
A digital probe for a hygrometer I am using a Exo Terra from dubia roaches.com -- it was kinda spendy but it seems to work well - the probe is placed on the back center wall and the reader is stuck on the front of the tank -- I have had a flukers dome for years for a ceramic heater and am using a 100 watt Zoo Med bulb also had for years - my tanks are 120 gallon -- only used in the winter months and keeps my tanks around 70ish in the winter -- you need a dome w/ a ceramic socket and proper wattage for the bulb used -- they are deep domes that have the hanger on them - they work great if you need to lower them into the tank at any time for a sick dragon -

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
A digital probe for a hygrometer I am using a Exo Terra from dubia roaches.com -- it was kinda spendy but it seems to work well - the probe is placed on the back center wall and the reader is stuck on the front of the tank -- I have had a flukers dome for years for a ceramic heater and am using a 100 watt Zoo Med bulb also had for years - my tanks are 120 gallon -- only used in the winter months and keeps my tanks around 70ish in the winter -- you need a dome w/ a ceramic socket and proper wattage for the bulb used -- they are deep domes that have the hanger on them - they work great if you need to lower them into the tank at any time for a sick dragon -
Okay so this is what I was looking at ... F5D98651-5652-47F0-BF52-D53A0AFAE5BE.png
Or
EE6F2C65-6DA5-44B0-957E-A8E24BBFA86C.png
With
727AAC5E-FE65-4B11-AEEE-E80FD16BBF56.png
45BC70AD-54C6-44E0-BC88-588DFDA45843.png
But I guess I wouldn’t need the guard with the dome as well and would these heaters be suitable for a dome? Or should I be looking for something else? ReptileCentre.com doesn’t sell the domes so i will have a look elsewhere.

The room that the viv is in is a cool room even in the summer, is about 24 during the day and drops quite a bit at night due to the solid floor (which is also freezing) I think the heater will probably be kicking in most nights!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay so this is what I was looking at ...View attachment 27363
Or
View attachment 27364
With
View attachment 27365
View attachment 27366
But I guess I wouldn’t need the guard with the dome as well and would these heaters be suitable for a dome? Or should I be looking for something else? ReptileCentre.com doesn’t sell the domes so i will have a look elsewhere.

The room that the viv is in is a cool room even in the summer, is about 24 during the day and drops quite a bit at night due to the solid floor (which is also freezing) I think the heater will probably be kicking in most nights!
Does your tank have a screen on top or solid wood?

BeardieMum❤️

Juvenile Dragon
Tank is 2ft high.
So go with the bulb rather than the solid metal thingy (sorry I really don’t have a clue). Is 100w what I need?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tank is 2ft high.
So go with the bulb rather than the solid metal thingy (sorry I really don’t have a clue). Is 100w what I need?
You want all 3 the bulb the socket holder and the guard- it will keep the dragon from touching the bulb they get really hot and you don't want him touching it--- the wattage will be trial and error you don't want the tank over 75 F at nite - you can use stickons for ambient temp have one on each side of the tank

Latest posts