• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cat vs. new rugs

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay.. My father, retired now for years from practice, often suggested a change in the litter media.. from the sand type to a pellet type or even shredded newspaper.
I just wondered if things had changed.. obviously they had...

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was the one that suggested it as we went through this very thing with one of ours and the symptoms were dead on.

Stephanie,

Can you please tell me what diet they put kitty on? Is it Science Diet? If so, I've got some news for you. Well, I might have some news for you anyway. ;D

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The vet said any food that was for urinary tract health. I opted to go with Purina Pro Plan because it said Urinary Tract Health right on the bag in big letters. My cat eats anything from bugs to lunch meat so we haven't had any issues with food, lol

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stephanie is a Rockstar said:
The vet said any food that was for urinary tract health. I opted to go with Purina Pro Plan because it said Urinary Tract Health right on the bag in big letters. My cat eats anything from bugs to lunch meat so we haven't had any issues with food, lol

Are you getting that in the dry or wet type? If dry, that's where the problem has been all along. Our cat's systems aren't set up to be eating dry food the majority of the time. We almost found this out too late with Jazz. He literally almost died. Had we not got him to the vet in an emergency, I have no doubt that he wouldn't be with us today. Here's a testimony my wife sent to the makers of Sojos. A food we found through investigating what we needed to do to make him better. Hopefully, the testimony says it all for you. I can't recommend this food enough.

[red]We are extremely satisfied with Sojos for cats. We initially ran across your product during some online research....and now have our own testimonial.

Our cat, Jazz, is a 9-year-old male. He started having kidney problems and diarreha back in July/August 2009 which resulted in spending time at a vet hospital. Four days later, we brought him home with the restrictions of only giving him a Prescription Diet S/D & C/D cat food. They told us he couldn't be on anything else. The kidney problem got better, but the chronic diarrhea got worse. So they prescribed him meds on three different occasions, with no change. We were very frustrated and upset at this point. Jazz was not taking his medicine and was terrified when it came time to give it to him. It was torture! We didn't know where else to turn. That's when my husband ran across testimonials about your cat food. We thought it was worth a try, because we were at the end of our rope. We performed all the steps, as suggested, in gradually changing over his diet. He loved the Sojo's cat food as did our baby, Junie, who is 3. Finally, by the last week as they were totally changed over, his stools started becoming more consistent. Within two to three weeks, he was returned to normal and has been, since.

We are thrilled at the difference it has made not only in that area, but he plays like a kitten again. He hadn't done that in years! (We figured he was just getting old) It takes time preparing the meat, but is so worth it to see him feeling good. We are so excited to see him healthy and playful once again. It aggravates us so much that vets are pushing the Prescription Diet cat food that seems so harmful. We will continue to tell others of what a difference Sojos can make. Thank you so much for your product!!!!

Sincerely
Bev[/red]

Here's where you can get more information on Sojos: http://www.sojos.com/

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad you now know what was wrong with kitty. Hope the problem is fixed now.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks for the info... the food that she is on it almost a wet/dry mix. it looks dry, but is wet to the touch... weird, but true. If things don't improve I'll look into that.

SerenityAppeals

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We have this issue with our female chihuahua >.< maybe she thinks she is a cat - because all rubber backed mats and rugs arent ound i our house -- and when we travel we always put them in the tub or up high in a closet.

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
have u tried orange peels, i know it sounds weird but we did it when i was younger and i know some ppl who did it it as well, u set some orange peels where the cat has peed and let them sit there for like 2 days, and they will never go there again. u can try that if your still having problems, think it has somthing to do with the citrus smell, but idk.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How are things going now? everything going back to normal?

Latest posts