• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cat food

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so someone told our local pet store owner to feed her beardie canned catfood to fatten her up, is this ok?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have never heard of this and don't think it would be a good idea.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am not sure, but some of the ingredients might cause health issues.
Stick with what is proven, and you should be fine..
Hope this helps.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also do not agree with this advice. I have heard of folks feeding cat food to crickets colonies, but never to a dragon. Dragons thrive in captivity when they are fed live bugs and a mixture of salad.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've heard of people offering dog and cat foods (wet) to all different kinds of lizards. It's something that used to be done long ago that I guess some people still do. I don't see it being all that great considering that most of dog and cat foods nowadays are byproducts or imitation meats of some sort

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The only time i've ever known it to be used, was as Candice said.........years ago. A special A/D diet was formulated to assist with what was considered to be emaciated dragons or failure to thrive babies.
Most of the ingredients that are in that food aren't really part of the reptile diet and they fail to process them properly. The diet caused an extreme rise in protein levels which dramatically affected the renal system. The outcome wasn't fun as I remember.

Latest posts