• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Casa de Reggie

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
All is now well in Casa de Reggie! We moved him into the newly christened reptile room while he was still in his old tank. I realized I should probably clean his new tank again, so I did that with him in the room. He watched me intently the whole time, probably curious about what was about to happen.

When I moved him into the tank, he darted towards the other side and ran all the way to the top of his new driftwood. After a few minutes he jumped down and ran around the cage, tasting everything! :D He then jumped over the bottom hangings of the driftwood, and ran back around under them! It was so comical! The whole time he kept looking back over to me (I was sitting in a chair for about 30 minutes watching the whole thing). It was like he was asking "Is this really all MINE?"

I left him alone for about 30 minutes and came back in to see him testing out all the branches of his new driftwood. It was HILARIOUS!

This morning I went in to turn on all the lights. I grabbed his dish and made him a salad. I still had some waxworms so I dropped a few in there as a housewarming present. :D In his smaller cage he was pretty slow to eat in the morning, but not today! I put his dish in there and took a shower, expecting it to still be full when I came back in. All worms and half the salad was gone! I then put in about 10 crickets and he immediately went to work on them. I think all that excitement got his appetite kick-started!

I also think that having full UVB exposure and being in a room with pretty much zero traffic after lights out has rejuvenated him! He used to hide under the paper towels after we turned out the lights, but now he peacefully lays on his basking log to sleep. I don't know which has more of a contribution, but I will say this: fellow hobbyists, do everything you can to follow both! Your dragon will thank you for it!

And because of that, I once again need to thank everyone here that has helped me accomplish this. I thank you and, thus, Reggie vicariously thanks you! :)

Latest posts