• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Care to take a look at some fecal float pictures? (having trouble ident)

wydra91

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all! I'm a lurker here but I've created an account because I have a question for you that I hope you can answer!

So I recently bought the stuff needed to do a fecal float on my little dude, Tiberius. He's 14 inches long and weighs in on average at 150g. He's had stress marks for a while and only seems to eat about 3-5 dubias per sitting so I decided to take a look.

Turns out, he most definitely has pinworms, but there is another parasite ova that I'm seeing in there that I'm not 100% sure isn't coccidia. I was hoping that someone here might be able to look at the two pictures I got of two different ova that are in question and be able to tell me what they think it is.

PMuKR9L.jpg

YrovlL8.jpg

Fortunately, I've only ever been able to find only about 2-4 of these ova per-slide that I've done. I've done about 3 or 4 floats on him in the last few weeks.

At this point I've got him on panacur. (his first dose was last night) and I'm supplementing with Acidophil+. I've removed everything from his cage, chucked the wood decor, and gave the slate and stone stuff a bleach bath with hot hot water for over 30 minutes.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Latest posts