• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cant get charlotte to eat today

charlotte

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
shes about 4 months got her on sunday yesterday she ate fine today shes refusing to eat i know her substrate is wrong im going newspapers now and temps low going to up it now think that will work?

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
UVB exposure and Temps are vital for their appetite and digestion, so yes fixing the temps will definately help.

Also shes still new with you and may be experiencing relo stress. This can last anywhere from a few days to a week or two.
Just keep offering food, make sure she is hydrated and let her settle in. If this continues beyond a week or two let us know so we can check to see whats the issue.

charlotte

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
im scared to offer her crix if shes not goint to eat them right away watching them crawl accross his feet scare me i know theyll chew on her too... shes had no intrest in greens yet.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They rarely are interrested in salads at this age....no worries.....keep offering tho shell come around
Have you tried feeding her in a seperate container? That way yiu can put her back in her home.without worrying about crucks nibbling on her

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Give her 15 mins and see what happens. Then if she doesnt eat. Wait a few hours and try again.
Like stated earlier.....it may be relo stress. Once the temps are constant anf shes nice and warm and she still refuses to eat. Give het a little time and dont worry too much.
Just keep her hydrated and get back to me if shes still not eating by the end of the week

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
110 is ok.....can you make the light further away from the basking spot if it goes up. Thermometers need about an hour to an hour and a half to settle into a correct reading. As long as she has a cool side she can get out of the heat from then just monitor the temps. If.it goes way way up try a lower watt bulb or lower the basking platform more

Latest posts