• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cant find my leo

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So I went out two nights ago and we hired a babysitter {to watch my 3 kids} got home to find one of my leos missing the tank was open and she is nowhere to be seen.I was up all night looking for her as noone seems to know what happened I have been looking frantically for her pulled out the stove, couches, doing dressers today. I have left hides all over thehouse hoping she crawls into one, left a bag of crickets on the floor last night hoping they lure her out and kept checking but nada. Im soo mad and not thinking the best right now looks pretty hopeless. I will keep looking as she had a very fat tail so as ong as she finds a warm place she could be alive, {the boyfriend thinks she is gone as we have 2 cats } Anyways missing my Bella.
http://geckedout.shutterfly.com

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
have been its getting kinda hopeless she is tiny still as she is very young, but she did have a good size tail lately so hopefully that helps her. there is so many places i pulled the stove out and there is a hole in the wal behind it so she could have even gotten in behind the walls :'(

ilovecacti

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i can not beleive this.....i lost my snake twice....trust me i know how it is....i didnt find her till two days later....turns out she was in the cabinets near and under the sink......when you find her...you should invest in a lock for the tank top!......im so sorry

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
as a baby she probably won't go far. Anywhere she can get close by that's well hidden. She'll consider something low rise such as the bottom of the couch as a "safe dark spot". We'll hope the cat didn't notice.
In one corner of the room, set a box with the ends opened up (tunnel like). Put some books or something on top for weight and sturdiness. Under it, put newspaper, a water dish, and sprinkle either calcium powder, flour, or cornstarch on the paper. Add a small bowl (with lid) of crix that she can see as well as hear.
The box gives her refuge, the water she'll need and seek, and the crix will be attractive. The flour (or whatever you use) will let you see if she's visited your little "haven" while you weren't looking.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my goodness. Don't give up. I am not familiar with leos, but for beardies, it's recommended to put a basking light and food by the viv. Check window curtains, blinds, sofa cushions...

Good luck!

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes I have questioned the babysitter and she knows nothing, she was recommended and it was the 1st time I have left my kids since my 2 year old was born 1st time everrrr for my 1 year old as I have trust issues with people and this didnt make it better easy to say I wont be leaving them again for awhile.
I have been up every night till past 3am looking for her as I figure she is more active then. I have various hides in corners by the stove ect with mealies in a shallow dish by them.
I will try the flour on the floor to see if there are any tracks. Im currently in the process of tearing the house apart pulled out dressers, tv stands, went through laundry seeing if she curled up in it ect.
we have heard the gecko squeak lately but every time we hear it we cant tell if its from one of my others or if its her ....so frustrating.
Thanks everyone for the helpful advice Ill keep you posted.

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
nothin put out numerous water bowls, mealies,hides but stil nothing i dusted flour around too no tracks :'(

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you still hearing him?

I hate to say it because I like to think the best of people, but you don't think the babysitter would have taken him, do you?

beardieluver

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My mom ounce lost a iguana years back and said she found it around the radiator something like that. Recently my brother lost his snake and found it smushed up back against the bathroom cabinet/draw. My brother also lost his hamster and found that in a computer cabinet. Hope maybe this helps. Hope you find her, its so devastating to lose them :-[

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
havent seen or heard anything from her , no footprints in flour no food missing {been counting how many mealies i leave out} I have torn this house apart looking for her, And yes I have thought maybe the babysitter took her, my kids are too little to tell me anything also so who knows if she had someone over without me knowing too. Just proves my thought on not trusting people in my home and with my kids {other than family} . I will keep water and food out and im watching that im not stepping on anything she could be hiding in , but we'll see. Heard people say they have had theres show up months later but its winter here and cold and i do have 2 cats. Thanks for all the ideas on how to find her by the way appreciate it. Ill keep you posted if she shows up :-\

ilovecacti

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
is there anything?....im so sorry....i'lll keep you in my prayers...but um i just cant help but wonder....do you know where the babysitter lives? you can "drop by" and visit her/him and see if theres anything .......

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Is the babysitter an adult? If not, I'd say call her parents.

Your baby is probably hiding and scared. Do you have an recliners like a Laz-E-Boy that she could get inside? Or a hole or anything in furniture that she could crawl in. I've heard of ferrets getting inside recliners and getting injured when people sat down in them, or they'd get stuck in the mechanics underneath. Also, did you check all your shoes? Pockets of any clothes that might be on the floor or hanging close to the ground where she could climb inside?

I hope you are able to find her :-[

Latest posts