• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can someone make me a list of one-time shopping items?

September

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm hoping to bring home my first beardie in a month or two, but I'm a little confused on what all they need. Could someone please list everything they need at first? Like what kind of light, how big an aquarium, what to put in the bottom, everything I need to buy before I bring him home? And then what they need the day they come home? Like perishable stuff I should wait to buy until I'm ready for my beardie? I would greatly appreciate it!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is more geared toward a younger dragon ...
Example of a Basic Setup: Showing the recommended Basic requirements, proper Temperatures & the points at which they should be measured from, in Red & the optional choices that are actually used in this particular example enclosure, in Black.​

BDsetup-1.jpg
  • Minimum 20 gal long enclosure as a starter for a baby or young juvenile, a minimum 40 gal Breeder for an adult. It is much more cost effective to go with the 40+ gal enclosure right off the start, rather than upgrade in 4-5 months. Should have a Screened Top. There are also custom enclosures available
  • 10.0 UVB bulb & fixture to suit
  • Deep dome fixture & a white or clear bulb of sufficient wattage to give you the desired temps
  • Non-particle substrate for BD less than 10" nose to tip of tail. This could be papertowel, newspaper, butchers paper, non-adhesive shelf liner, slate, textured ceramic tile, lino, repti-carpet, etc, the list goes on & on
  • Sturdy basking area. This could be a branch, rock or something similar to allow your BD to get close enough to the UVB & Heat Bulbs
  • Food Dish
  • Digital thermometers with sensors\probes
  • Phosphorous free Calcium
  • Multi-vitamin such as Herptivite or Reptivite
  • Misting Bottle
  • A Rock - To help keep it's claws in check
  • Kricket Keeper & Gutload
  • Crickets, lotsa crickets
  • Exotic Herp Vet's Phone #, Address, & $200+ spare cash always handy, in case an emergency visit to the Vet is required
  • Bearded Dragon
Any other info that you need is included in the links that have already been provided to you. You just have to do a little reading. Should you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

September

Bearded Dragon Egg
This was my only question so far, because my friend was trying to explain it all, and I kept getting confused. I thought it would really help to have it all written out in front of me, so figured I'd ask. Don't worry-I'm reading those links. (I even busted out a pen and highlighter and am taking notes-writing stuff down helps me remember it) :)

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
The viv shown above seems to be a lot bigger than what I've seen everywhere else.

This is ours: 4ft x 2ft x 2ft

424691_10151210375284919_1489355829_n.jpg

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, they seem to grow very fast, mine already looks to be growing-still small at about 4-1/2 inches, but i think he is younger then what they told me lol-between 5-6-weeks i would say not 2-months.But hes getting there eating well. Bella-aka-river ps-let me know how she like her phoniex worms.

Latest posts