• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

can she eat to much?

bgingras

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
8 months old now, we got her a few weeks ago. she ate 10-12 crickets a day plus some greens, we moved her to her new tank 2 weeks ago. This on has way better heat and a megaray UVB. Anyway, it took her a week to adjust, she ate a little here and there, then this week, she has been going to town. She is still only picking at greens, but she ate 35 crickets 2 nights ago and 42 last night! Is this normal, that's a lot of crickets! the crickets have been fed/loaded and are about 3/4" long, some half winged. She is about 14" now.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Normal ! She has come through the relocation stress, and has settled in.
You can breath now !
Janie

bgingras

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was breathing...so literally I can just let her kill off hundreds a week and it's ok? I had read somewhere were they shouldn't eat more than 30 a week? She has gained almost 2" these last 4 weeks.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine were and 1 still is knocking off that many per Meal ! (30 smaller then between the eye, dubias)
yeah, it's all good ! Let her eat, she'll grow. Once she hits that 12-15 month age, she'll more than likely will stop growing longer, and focus on width and weight.
Hope that helps out !
Janie

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Changing enclosures can sometimes cause a beardie to stop eating and cause the keeper much stress!!! Your Beardie Babe is now feeling comfortable in it's new surroundings so is going to town with the crickets!! I would let him/her eat as much as they like in 15 minutes and then take the uneaten cricks out. It is always a shock when you realize just how much the little boogers can pack away though!!! ;) It can be a bit pricey if you are buying from a local shop instead of online. So glad to hear they have grown the 2". I always like to remind people that there will come a day when you will be begging them to eat and they stubbornly refuse. So enjoy this time now!! :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
bgingras said:
I was breathing...so literally I can just let her kill off hundreds a week and it's ok? I had read somewhere were they shouldn't eat more than 30 a week? She has gained almost 2" these last 4 weeks.

My baby eats about 75/day and my adult eats about 30/week. Babies eat a lot of crix. The 30 crix per week is for adults over 18 months.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Until a beardie is well over a year they really can't eat too much protein. You should be feeding crix 2x a day. She should be eating as many crix she can in 10 minutes each sitting. This should be every day along with greens. Once she is over a year then you can drop her down to once a day. Then over 2 years old, she should only be getting about 30 a week tops.

Latest posts