• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

can I use printer paper as substrate?

BigManJones

Bearded Dragon Egg
After all of my research I wanna use normal printer paper as its the cheapest option. only problem is everything I see says paper towels or newspaper. is printer paper a problem?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
After all of my research I wanna use normal printer paper as its the cheapest option. only problem is everything I see says paper towels or newspaper. is printer paper a problem?
Not sure about printer paper but that is expensive- I would look into getting some NON adhesive shelf liner-- from your local home improvement store - clean w/ vinegar and water 50 50 solution

freddiemercurythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
the only issue i see w printer paper imo is that they can't really grip it. i dont use and have never used newspaper, but i can imagine its thicker therefore a bit easier for grip. i have used paper towels in the past and its very easy for cleanup and provides grip. if price is a concern, i think you should go for shelf liner like the person above said. im currently using it right now temporarily but it works great. you can get em dirt cheap almost anywhere like <10 bucks a roll and you dont even use the whole roll depending on how big your tank is, got good grip for the beardies, cleanup is easy, and they are reusable. i clean w vinegar and water once a week and its been good.

Latest posts