• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can Bearded Dragons live wild in Arizona?

adina

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 6 month old has escaped due to my cousin bumping the latch on her cage. The window was open and the screen was broken open. I suspect she broke out and is running around outside. She knows how to hunt insects and there are many gardens around so plenty of veggies. I am looking for her, but want to know if she could survive the Arizona desert like living in the Australian outback in the wild. She is only the first generation of captive breeding, both her parents were from the wild. Will her instincts help her survive here?

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
How high off the ground is the exterior windowsill? I noticed (and can be wrong) beardies will not jump too far for their bodies in most cases. my baby jumped off my shoulder not long ago, I'm about 6' tall.

to answer your question about surviving in the arizona, are you in the high desert or low desert? in either case I believe the temps will get too low, but the dragon might brumate through it. Hunting wise instincts ought to take over, but the calcium balance in their diet will be off.

have you looked in all the nooks and cranies inside?

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
With the unseasonable weather it reasons your dragon is fine. They will hide from the heat down here easy enough but won't survive the summer most likely. With the high level of poison used in gardens the fact is your dragon will most likely get sick and die if you dont find them soon. Where are you as if you are up in Phoenix I could herp you search.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wouldn't automatically assume that it's outside. Check everything possible inside. Under furniture, near electrical cords, in corners, up high like a book shelf or curtains, look in shoes. One member lost her dragon and they found it a few weeks later sleeping in a box of hot chocolate in the pantry!

BeardedDragon's°For°Life

Hatchling Dragon
I wouldn't automatically assume that it's outside. Check everything possible inside. Under furniture, near electrical cords, in corners, up high like a book shelf or curtains, look in shoes. One member lost her dragon and they found it a few weeks later sleeping in a box of hot chocolate in the pantry!
Chocolate??? xD hahahahaha

Latest posts