• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Calcium Dusting

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Gobi is pushing 9 months old, growing fast (and shedding to prove it!), and is just over a foot long.

I dust his crickets in the morning, daily, when I serve him up his breakfast. But I do not dust the veggies or super worms.

When is it safe to start dusting every other day for him? I know that at first it indeed had to be daily, due to needing the bone-building and bone-strengthening. But does he still need the daily intake (with Vitamin D3 added) at this stage of his life?

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I personally still dust daily as all my dragons ages vary from 3 years to approx 8 months, cant be sure of the youngests exact age as he is a rescue. But everyone is different in their daily routine.

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I personally still dust daily as all my dragons ages vary from 3 years to approx 8 months, cant be sure of the youngests exact age as he is a rescue. But everyone is different in their daily routine.
their veggies too? how often do you give vitamins?
not tryin to put you on the spot ~ just wondering.I'm still trying to feel confident in what I am doing!

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah i do the veg too. I give vitamin twice a week, but to tell the truth my lot dont eat the bugs or salad with the vit as well as they do the calcium. I have tried various types of vit and they the same with it all. They all doing ok so they must be getting enough tho.

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking on keeping it daily (for most part, like if I had to rush out the door). At least until he is a year old. Then scale possibly to every other day.

Latest posts