• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Calcium & D3

3llie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

I‘ve ordered some Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 and Herptivite as I think these will be better than what I’m currently using.

I have the tank set up with an Arcadia T5 12% 39w UVB inside a 4x2x2 Viv and 12” above the decor.

Beardie is 4.5 months old.

Herptivite - Once a day, twice a week is clear enough.

Calcium with D3 - Once a day for five days or three days with plain Calcium on the other two days?

I’m wondering if my UVB set up means she doesn’t quite as much Calcium with D3, I don’t want to overdose her.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

I‘ve ordered some Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 and Herptivite as I think these will be better than what I’m currently using.

I have the tank set up with an Arcadia T5 12% 39w UVB inside a 4x2x2 Viv and 12” above the decor.

Beardie is 4.5 months old.

Herptivite - Once a day, twice a week is clear enough.

Calcium with D3 - Once a day for five days or three days with plain Calcium on the other two days?

I’m wondering if my UVB set up means she doesn’t quite as much Calcium with D3, I don’t want to overdose her.
Lightly coat the insects w the D3 -- she is still a baby so shes going to be absorbing that calcium w/ your UVB -- once she hits one yr old the calcium D3 will drop down to once per week and calcium w/ out D3 the other 2 days per week - if she is eating salads good you can pretty much stop the Herptivite - maybe give to her once in awhile -

3llie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lightly coat the insects w the D3 -- she is still a baby so shes going to be absorbing that calcium w/ your UVB -- once she hits one yr old the calcium D3 will drop down to once per week and calcium w/ out D3 the other 2 days per week - if she is eating salads good you can pretty much stop the Herptivite - maybe give to her once in awhile -
So for now, do I use the calcium with D3 five days a week? Or just three days a week and plain calcium for the other two days?

She refuses all salad no matter what I do, so gut feeding is the only way at the moment to get any in her. I continue to offer some in the morning before she has her Dubias, but so far, no joy.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So for now, do I use the calcium with D3 five days a week? Or just three days a week and plain calcium for the other two days?

She refuses all salad no matter what I do, so gut feeding is the only way at the moment to get any in her. I continue to offer some in the morning before she has her Dubias, but so far, no joy.
It is normal for them to refuse salads at this age keep offering- use your dubias on the salads along w/ some bsfl order large www.symtonbsf.com I will post a website for a good salad bowl to keep the bsfl in -- they are a great staple feeder do not dust them-- use as many as you want- use the D 3 5 x per week - the vitamins 2 x per week

Latest posts