• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cal Powder placement

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Ok i have searched but i may have looked in the wrong areas. Plus i may be reading into this alittle to far. Does it matter onto what we sprinkle the cal powder.

I am feed spazz more crixs now during one sitting. he will only eat about 4-5 thou. Then middle meal is a greens, then more crixs. The first meal there is some left over crix he leaves for a snack.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There should always be fresh greens available to it during the day, once depleted, it should be topped up, with 2-3 prey feedings. Generally it is the feeders that are dusted & provides sufficient Calcium. Some keepers will periodically sprinkle small amounts on the greens.

Mairzee Dotes

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have only been putting it on the insects lately because I notice whenever I sprinkle it on the greens, they don't eat very much of them. In fact, one of mine won't touch the greens if I put the calcium on, but she will still go for the crickets, etc. I really didn't sprinkle on too much, but they seem to know it's there and avoid it. I was wondering also if they were getting enough from just the insects. Has anyone had any experience with the spray on kind? I was thinking of trying that for the greens to see if it made a difference.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have always only dusted the insects, have had no problems, but I dust ALL insects fed.

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Ok so i dusted the crix yester...only one serving just to see what spaz would do. it was lightly done and everything. he wouldnt touch them. I will try it over the greens next.

Latest posts