• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Burmation?

BeardsAreForLizards

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 2 year old bearded dragon male (Celic) has been trying to sleep under his log for the last 2 days straight. I live in Ohio so the weather is cold, but a week ago he was energetic, even 3 days ago he was. Just wondering if i should let him continue to sleep more, to wake him up, to keep his lights on/off? A lot of questions so if anyone knows what i should do i'd love the advice.
PS - He has been under his log for two straight days, hasn't left it to eat or anything that i've noticed.
Thanks all

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah this is something many of us are dealing with right now.. If you click on the link in my signature line I wrote up a section on Brummation it may answer your questions if not come on back and lets chat :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what you want to do is keep an eye on him every dragon is different that's the part that only he knows.. it sucks but typically it happens Nov-Feb I think most go a couple of months :( Mine is less than a year old so she's semi brummating she will be in her cool hide looking at me..but she doesn't want to come out however since she's not staying asleep I take her and put her up under her basking spot and if she stays I feed her if not I don't I let her do what she's going to do. I do leave a salad in there ..they should not loose noticable amounts of weight.. you may want to start weighing him to see what his weight is doing.
what you want to do is if he's looking like he's awake offer him food, if he eats then make sure you put him up to bask and make sure he poops before sleeping for an extended period of time..
Bathe him 1-2x a week if he's not eating he needs the hydration dribble water on his nose, or play in the water with him they don't recognize standing water.. He will absorb some thru his vent if he's not awake..some dragons don't even wake up during a bath :) crazy thing brummation is..

Latest posts