• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bulb heat not enough

disposible

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello i am currently prepping my 20 gallon to house a baby bearded dragon. they like it 95-110 ive heard? and the basking spot is only going up to 95.6. im using a probe thermometer and 100 watt bulb. i’m worried if i upgrade to 125watt the basking spot will get TOO hot. any suggestions ?

BeardiesForever45

Hatchling Dragon
Hi... basking bulbs are really finicky and each one is different. Keep your current bulb and test the 125watt bulb when the bearded dragon is out. If it is too hot, you may have to scour the internet for the right one.
Different bulbs work differently for different people so you will have to find the right one for you. :)

disposible

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi... basking bulbs are really finicky and each one is different. Keep your current bulb and test the 125watt bulb when the bearded dragon is out. If it is too hot, you may have to scour the internet for the right one.
Different bulbs work differently for different people so you will have to find the right one for you. :)
would you suggest buying a different 100 watt and see if it heats up more? i don’t quite understand what you mean, i don’t currently have a dragon or a 125watt bulb yet.

BeardiesForever45

Hatchling Dragon
would you suggest buying a different 100 watt and see if it heats up more? i don’t quite understand what you mean, i don’t currently have a dragon or a 125watt bulb yet.
Yes, I can elaborate on this! You may have to buy a 100w and a 125w bulb to see which one works best for you. Choose which one you think would work and once your BD gets home, you can see if they prefer one bulb over another. Trial and error is all I'm saying! :D

disposible

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, I can elaborate on this! You may have to buy a 100w and a 125w bulb to see which one works best for you. Choose which one you think would work and once your BD gets home, you can see if they prefer one bulb over another. Trial and error is all I'm saying! :D
thank you! i’ll try out a couple of different bulbs and let you know how it goes :)

Latest posts