• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building my own enclosure?

Shalise

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! My beardie, Zeppelin, is growing fast! I’d like to get him a bigger enclosure but I’m also thinking about asking my family for help with building my own. I’m wondering what stuff I should use and if wood planks are better than glass all around? My boy doesn’t do well with his own reflection, so I think it’d be better to just have the front be glass. If you’ve built your own, let me know what worked best for you and what you think would be good for my baby! Thanks!

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, there are a lot of ways to do it, depends on what kind of finish you want and how much you have to spend. You can use particle board, melamine or as you said planks or boards. You should take a look at some of our members efforts, there are some great ideas in there. Just use the search at the top of the screen and search for 'DIY enclosure' , tick 'search titles only'. Some have posted complete build logs with pictures at each stage, like I said , it should give you some ideas if nothing else.
Remember, it 'can' cost you more to build one than to buy one so plan ahead and try to cost everything you will need. Toughened glass cut to size isnt the cheapest so factor it all in. If its too expensive, maybe look for a prebuilt viv.

Latest posts