• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building Custom Enclosure Advice

disposible

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
This is my first time attempting anything involving wood so any advice is greatly appreciated. My dragon is currently in a 4x2x2 dubiaroach.com enclosure and it has a bit too many flaws for me to want to keep it as his forever enclosure.

I would like to incorporate a light compartment with two doors at the top of the tank so the lights won’t be visible without opening the compartment. How would I go about this? I want to have screening of some sort to hold the lights but let the uvb and heat through. Not sure if window screening is good for this, or something similar to chicken wire ?

I’m not sure whether to increase the width or length of the enclosure since he spends most of his time on the warm side of his current tank. I don’t want to increase length to just have it not be used. So not sure whether to go 5x2x3 or 4x3x3.

Also wondering how to even begin starting gathering the materials and building this. I know I want to use plywood but what width would be best. I don’t want the enclosure to be too heavy to lift.

My main questions are
Should I increase the width or length of his enclosure?
What kind of glass do I use for the hinged front opening doors?
What type and width of plywood is ideal for this build?
Any other tips from people who have built their own plywood enclosure?
Most affordable glass + sealant + plywood options?

Thank you for any input at all. And pls send photos of any of your DIY plywood enclosures. ❤️

Bree112

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is what I used for the top of the terrarium I'm currently working on. I picked a roll up at the local hardware. It's pretty heavy gaged w/ roughly 1/4" spaces. I wont have to worry about to much heat hurting it. It's going to support any weight of lights.

Robbii

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is what I used for the top of the terrarium I'm currently working on. I picked a roll up at the local hardware. It's pretty heavy gaged w/ roughly 1/4" spaces. I wont have to worry about to much heat hurting it. It's going to support any weight of lights.
Pic please

Latest posts