• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BSFL questions!

maddy5150

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey! I want to start feeding Ziggy BSFL shes been on supers for about a month but I'm hearing mixed opinions about them some say they are good staple feeders others say they are not so I want to switch her to something better. My question though is I know BSFL doesn't have to be dusted with calcium powder but then how will she get her D3 that's what I'm concerned about? Does BSFL need to be dusted with vitamin powder too? I'm just kinda confused about the dusting of BSFL. Thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey! I want to start feeding Ziggy BSFL shes been on supers for about a month but I'm hearing mixed opinions about them some say they are good staple feeders others say they are not so I want to switch her to something better. My question though is I know BSFL doesn't have to be dusted with calcium powder but then how will she get her D3 that's what I'm concerned about? Does BSFL need to be dusted with vitamin powder too? I'm just kinda confused about the dusting of BSFL. Thanks!
Do not dust the bsfl they are calcium enriched- you can supplement the bsfl w/ crickets or dubia roaches those you would need to dust w/ calcium D 3- I recommend dubias- feeding both is a good variety you can use the bsfl as salad toppers and a lure to the salad bowl - you need a ceramic or glass bowl so the insect and worms can't get out--- no more super worms please- they should be fed as treats only -- www.dubiaroaches.com they have nutri grubs which are the same as bsfl or Phoenix worms or calci worms-- all the same

Beardomania

Juvenile Dragon
Bearded dragons generate vitamin D3 when their skin is exposed to UVB radiation though your lighting. Although BSFL exhibit the ideal calcium to phosphorus levels, they will still need Herptivite supplementation once or twice a week. Or so that's the conventional wisdom; I've heard of people raising beardies without Herptivite or other multivitamins just fine.

Latest posts