• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

brumation?

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
MJ has been sleeping a lot but when I wake her up she still eats so is she trying to brumate or is there something wrong she doesn't wake up unless I take her out of bed and wake her up or turn lights on but if I turn the lights on she gets pissed and gets stress marks and her beard goes black then she warms up then scratches and wall surfs until I let her out then she finds a dark cool space and goes back to sleep? ???

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like she's brummating. From what I've heard, don't wake her up she will wake up when she wants to. Baths are good once a week to help eliminate anything in their intestines.

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I haven't been waking her but I did giver her a bath last night she must of been really thirsty because she was drinking by mouth lol but as soon as she got out she went right back to sleep so I just let her do her thing

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hopefully she doesn't sleep for long. I don't know what I would do if mine were sleeping :(

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't think it's bad. It's normal for some of them to go into brummation. There just isn't a set length of time for them to do it. I read that some go for a few weeks and some go for months. Just keep an eye on her. The fact that she drank water is good, you want her to stay hydrated.

Juan the magic dragon ard

Bearded Dragon Egg
My boy is exactly the same right now, wont eat, wont poop just wants to sleep. I give him a spray daily which he seems to really enjoy and bath him once a week as per. I'm hoping he gets back to his normal sprightly self soon though, I'm missing cuddles and his general cheekiness haha

Latest posts