• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation or sickness?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you all! I’ll do my best!
UVB light should be minimum 10inches or more away & the length I order should cover 70 percent of the tank and the zoomed heat lamp no real distance just Def not closer than 8inches to him basically till u reach the rite temp. Also he needs a a hideaway to get away form the UVb as needed here’s a pic sample of mine. Also start the UVb light at the hot/basking spot so when they bask they get the UVb.

Attachments

• 1D76A0ED-9268-4E9B-B871-6D812A134F7C.jpeg
    1D76A0ED-9268-4E9B-B871-6D812A134F7C.jpeg
    748.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 70312C74-0FB4-4FC6-8B7C-D3A12568C90E.jpeg
    70312C74-0FB4-4FC6-8B7C-D3A12568C90E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 11

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
I have now changed both of the lamps to the ones that the pet store recommended. However he does not seem to be doing better... he is weak and barely eats. I’m currently trying to find a bigger terrarium...

Attachments

• 7D92EF3F-715D-47C7-A06D-CABC6FCBAEB9.jpeg
    7D92EF3F-715D-47C7-A06D-CABC6FCBAEB9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • DCA7A1E6-21A2-432B-B4E3-7884B4BCE64D.jpeg
    DCA7A1E6-21A2-432B-B4E3-7884B4BCE64D.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 10

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
he has never been this skinny.. what should I do??
It’ll take some time for the uvb to perk him back up, a day or two, how long has it been in there? what type of bulb is that? T5 T8? The screen is obstructing possibly up to 30% of the fixture, it doesn’t look like it can go in the enclosure though, you need to decide on cutting the screen or another way unfortunately.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can get him some high protein baby food as a “critical care” if hes not eating, pry his mouth and get some in there. :/

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
It’ll take some time for the uvb to perk him back up, a day or two, how long has it been in there? what type of bulb is that? T5 T8? The screen is obstructing possibly up to 30% of the fixture, it doesn’t look like it can go in the enclosure though, you need to decide on cutting the screen or another way unfortunately.
I got the uvb yesterday. I don’t know what kind of bulb it is. And do you mean that the uvb light doesn’t get to him? (Sorry English is not my first language). In that case, can I just place it under the lid?

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
I just now forcefed water mixed with powdered mealworms, calcium and vitamins. Should I continue this? I mean it does contain a lot of protein..

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I got the uvb yesterday. I don’t know what kind of bulb it is. And do you mean that the uvb light doesn’t get to him? (Sorry English is not my first language). In that case, can I just place it under the lid?
If u look on the bulb it’ll tell you what kind it is, and yes the light needs to be in the tank, or take the lid off

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
T8 they need to be as close as you can get them as they’re not as strong as a t5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have now changed both of the lamps to the ones that the pet store recommended. However he does not seem to be doing better... he is weak and barely eats. I’m currently trying to find a bigger terrarium...
Please get a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches -- and I would take the bulb back and exchange it for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb - its a way better bulb than the Exo Terra - your basking bulb is fine as long as its keeping temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- how is the dragon doing now? Your dragon has hardly any floor space and needs a bigger tank -- a 75-120 gallon is recommended for a full size dragon - you can look on FB Marketplace or Craigslist for used tanks try and fine one w/ front doors if you find one please sanitize it w/ some Rescue or F10 found on Walmart.com website it is spendy but very good stuff or some Zoo Meds Wipe Out -- I know you said your looking for a tank --- how is that going now? If you need more help please ask --- and also PLEASE DO NOT listen to the pet store people anymore most do not know how to take care of dragons --

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
Please get a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches -- and I would take the bulb back and exchange it for a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb - its a way better bulb than the Exo Terra - your basking bulb is fine as long as its keeping temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- how is the dragon doing now? Your dragon has hardly any floor space and needs a bigger tank -- a 75-120 gallon is recommended for a full size dragon - you can look on FB Marketplace or Craigslist for used tanks try and fine one w/ front doors if you find one please sanitize it w/ some Rescue or F10 found on Walmart.com website it is spendy but very good stuff or some Zoo Meds Wipe Out -- I know you said your looking for a tank --- how is that going now? If you need more help please ask --- and also PLEASE DO NOT listen to the pet store people anymore most do not know how to take care of dragons --
I’m trying my hardest. The problem is that I don’t have any local tank builders. Everyone is in the south which means that the shipping is almost as expensive as the tank... I’m waiting 3 more weeks and if I won’t find any cheap ones I’ll buy one from the pet store for 500dollars...

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
A lot better!!! Now if we can only get the sand out i think ud have a almost perfect setup, hows ur dragon doing? Is he trying to poo at all?
He seems more active, he ate one cricket and 2 small pieces of watermelon on his own. However no poop.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m trying my hardest. The problem is that I don’t have any local tank builders. Everyone is in the south which means that the shipping is almost as expensive as the tank... I’m waiting 3 more weeks and if I won’t find any cheap ones I’ll buy one from the pet store for 500dollars...
You can get a nice tank from zen habitats $389 w/ shipping you want the pvc one

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is the enclosure
Remove the sand asap; they ingest it. Use paper towels or white terry cloths, remove the red light asap. Never ever use colored or coiled bulbs and buy the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB; all UVB’s need replacing every 6Mnths or the Beardie will not be able to walk or eat. The length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank place it on the hot side starting at his basking spot & the uvb should be minimum 10 inches or more away from him. & for Heat buy a clear basking bulb the zoomed is the best. Also Please consider a bigger tank if the beardie is over 7mntjs. The tank looks congested and I wud get a better basking platform especially if he’s an adult he needs comfortability and needs a hideaway. He needs to be able to hide from the uvb or rest/sleep. Fleece blanket and a hideaway maybe a hammock witha. Towel over it is best. They love hammocks you can place it behind the basking spot it serves as a secondary form of heat and relaxation. For Calcium use repcal & for vitamins use herptivite. Sprinkle the calcium like salt on fries once per day 3-4 times per week & the herptivite once per day/week on a noncalcium day. Never feed mealworms. Here’s an example of my tanks.

Attachments

• 46E651D7-2FEE-4859-A2C1-13003A6D498A.jpeg
    46E651D7-2FEE-4859-A2C1-13003A6D498A.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • DCE88345-B414-4B0A-8B3B-FA4414540EF6.jpeg
    DCE88345-B414-4B0A-8B3B-FA4414540EF6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 73EDE449-0DC1-4E50-B032-9A85477CC8B4.jpeg
    73EDE449-0DC1-4E50-B032-9A85477CC8B4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 6E3CE981-D7D1-4003-91B4-EFA5FAD20641.jpeg
    6E3CE981-D7D1-4003-91B4-EFA5FAD20641.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 4
  • B019EA5C-150B-4B3E-8D61-757F5D46B971.jpeg
    B019EA5C-150B-4B3E-8D61-757F5D46B971.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 50E5EA75-7D72-480F-8E9C-AB76ED0C270C.jpeg
    50E5EA75-7D72-480F-8E9C-AB76ED0C270C.jpeg
    796.5 KB · Views: 4

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
Update. He seems to be doing much better! Today he ate a little bit of a peach and pumpkin and also 3 crickets! So I decided to put him in a warm bath and he finally pooped after many weeks! His appetite is not the best however it is definitely improving.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Update. He seems to be doing much better! Today he ate a little bit of a peach and pumpkin and also 3 crickets! So I decided to put him in a warm bath and he finally pooped after many weeks! His appetite is not the best however it is definitely improving.
Is he 8mnths or older? The temp needs to be 95-98 not higher. Use the Clear zoomed bulb for heat with digital thermometers and a digital hygrometer. Humidity needs to be 30-40 never higher than 40. Second & most importantly have u replaced the uvb light? It needs to be replaced every 6Mnths religiously and u need the reptisun 10.0 T5. If not he won’t have energy to move or walk or eat and will get brittle bones/MBD. Also peach and pumpkin are not everyday feeders. Do yellow squash; mustard greens and butternut squash, snap pease as the sail plate u can add green beans and endives and collard greens also. Fruits: blueberries, papaya and mangoe ans some banana; fruits in moderation a few times a week alongside the greens/veggies and proteins daily if he’s 7mnths and older. Crickets are great and so are Dubia roaches u may add super worms as treats if he’s over a year old.

Morrisnfia2

Hatchling Dragon
Is he 8mnths or older? The temp needs to be 95-98 not higher. Use the Clear zoomed bulb for heat with digital thermometers and a digital hygrometer. Humidity needs to be 30-40 never higher than 40. Second & most importantly have u replaced the uvb light? It needs to be replaced every 6Mnths religiously and u need the reptisun 10.0 T5. If not he won’t have energy to move or walk or eat and will get brittle bones/MBD. Also peach and pumpkin are not everyday feeders. Do yellow squash; mustard greens and butternut squash, snap pease as the sail plate u can add green beans and endives and collard greens also. Fruits: blueberries, papaya and mangoe ans some banana; fruits in moderation a few times a week alongside the greens/veggies and proteins daily if he’s 7mnths and older. Crickets are great and so are Dubia roaches u may add super worms as treats if he’s over a year old.
He is 4 and I know what to feed him :) I replaced all the bulbs recently. Here we only have crickets so that’s the only live food he eats.

Latest posts