• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation for a second time this year???

TKG

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im a little concerned about my Chloe. She went through a brumation for a couple months back in November/December. Then she perked up like crazy, ate everything in sight, ran around like a mad woman all day and pooped twice a week. Over the past two weeks she's gone back to sleeping all day, has an appetite so she eats a normal anoubt, but hasn't pooped in over a week. She hasn't been active in a couple weeks. Shes acting very much like she did when she was in brumation a few months back. Can dragons go through two or more brumation a a year?

TKG

Bearded Dragon Egg
I forgot to add that we have had nonstop snow and clouds for weeks now. She usually gets up with the sun which shines right into her tank and she basks in it all morning which wakes her up. Maybe that's a contributing factor?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think the weather outside definitely is a factor. Last month we had a few weeks where it was below zero for a long time and I thought for sure mine were going into brumation. They stopped eating as much sat on the bottom of their tanks with their heads down, Luci stopped pooping, they just looked ready to fall asleep. Then all the sudden last week the weather started getting warmer and he's back to his old self. Now this weekend it's supposed to get real cold again, so I'm keeping an eye on them.

I haven't experienced full brumation yet but other members have said their dragons wake up for a bit and then go right back to sleep, so it could happen :(

markorussell

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I think my girl is going through something with the weather here , she stays inside her hutt during the days and comes out at night . It's cooler at night which makes no sense to me lol

Latest posts