• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

breeding question-no I do not want to start breeding

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure where this question would go.

How do you get beardies to breed if they always want to fight each other? This may just be mine, every time they see each other Oscar black beards, head bobs and charges at Ms. Piggy. Today Piggy was the aggressor charging at Oscar, head bobbing, in the past she has started waving when he head bobs. How do you get beardies to breed if they always want to fight each other? When selecting breeders do you find ones that are less dominate? Do they fight a little first or hurt each other? Are mine more aggressive then most?

I know a lot of question.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that is actually part of the courting ritual for them. they "feel" each other out with shows of aggression and dominance. Once the female is satisfied with the male she will submit. Yes females and males can get hurt, and in cases of people who do not pay the appropriate attention to their dragons, many have lost limbs and been ripped wide open. I saw photos of a female silkback someone tried to breed (silkies do not have the protective scales like normals do) and it was horrific to say the least.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the info. It freaks me out when they go at each other like that.

Latest posts