• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

breeding hornworms???

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
hey there, so i just got my order of hornworms yesterday & wuz curious as 2 how u go bout 2 breed em! their size is ideal 4 my beardie, they grow fast & wuz wondering how on earth do i go bout breeding em? i have read somewhere that u put a few bigger worms in a seperate container, than wut they're all normally housed in, containing soil. than once they turn in2 moths, u feed em from a hummingbird feeder?? i've found very little info on how 2 properly do this...hornworms r kind of expensive(4 a small count of em)..but their size is so much more appealing as opposed 2 phoenix worms. so does ne1 have ne ideas on how 2 go bout breeding??? plz let me kno!!!! wud be gr8tly appreciated!!! thanks!!

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you can look on youtube for hornworm breeding you will need an enclosure that is vertical with a small tree or flower because after they come out of their cocoon they will need to be placed in the enclosure so they can lay their eggs on the plant it is very critical when they or coming out of their cocoon to let their wings dry out if you try to touch them before then you could damage them also if your breeding hornworms you will need to learn how to make hornworm chow. DO NOT GIVE THEM TOMATOES IT WILL KILL YOUR REPTILE !!!

Latest posts