• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bowser enjoying the sun (pics)

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This is Bowser, my sulcata tortoise, enjoying a sunny day in the sun!

294955_3039845606899_1585809460_31990043_1235248411_n.jpg

Got a pic of her as she was blinking, lol
550838_3039848246965_1585809460_31990044_2051890803_n.jpg

A lot of growth lines on her shell
181241_3039837286691_1468105874_n.jpg

Taking a rest in some shade with a lizard.
536483_3039831726552_1585809460_31990033_97041877_n.jpg

You can see more pics and information of Bowser on her Facebook page. Here's the link!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/BowsertheSulcataTortoise

Hope you all enjoyed :cool:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks sooooo Huge in the first pic, looks to be a third as big as the truck :eek: , lol . The last pic give a more realistic size comparison to the downspout. Still pretty big & a gorgeous pet. The other pics had me, "WOW, now there is one big turtle". What kind of lizard is that? An anole?

Thanks for sharing.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Nice pictures. He is a beautiful turtle and certainly seemed to enjoy being outside. Thank you for sharing.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It looks sooooo Huge in the first pic, looks to be a third as big as the truck :eek: , lol . The last pic give a more realistic size comparison to the downspout. Still pretty big & a gorgeous pet. The other pics had me, "WOW, now there is one big turtle". What kind of lizard is that? An anole?

Thanks for sharing.
Thats too funny :D It's neat how some angles that I take a picture of her make her look huge and others don't, lol. When she gets full grown she will be big. Sulcatas are the 3rd largest types of tortoise and can live a looong time. I need to measure her and when I do I'll post them on this thread. If you check out her hatchling pics on her facebook page you can see how small she was when I got her.

That one isn't an anole. I just call those common lizards, lol. But we do have wild anoles all over the place. Here are some pics of the one on my screen door...
sidebody.jpg

detailedhead.jpg

As you can see, I love taking pics, lol.

Nice pictures. He is a beautiful turtle and certainly seemed to enjoy being outside. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you! She loooooooooooves to be outside and eat the grass and weeds when she is out there :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
I sooooooo hate those anole lizards. They love the back of my house because the sun hits it. I have a better name than anoles....hehehe. I had one on my curtain yesterday and my husband had to knock it back outside.....YUCK!!

Pat B

Super Moderator
You can come to my house and get them for free!! I would never want one of those for a pet....and to buy one??? oh never happen....I don't know if they sell them here in the US or not....would never buy one anyway!!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I've heard that it's not cost effective (probably from Germ) to breed anole's, so most of the ones you see in pet stores are wild caught. They are in GREAT abundance in FL.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would have never thought that someone would pay money for one of them until I seen some for sale in Petco, lol. They had some for $15 there and I'm thinking "why?". You walk outside and they are all over the place (in Florida), lol :rolleyes:

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We have no wild lizards at all here in the U.K the only 3 native reptile species we have are Slow Worms, Grass Snakes and Adders (poisonous) :(
Sad! I grew up catching lizards and snakes. My mom didn't have the heart to tell us that if we took them out of the wild they would probably die, so most of them didn't live long but... it created a lot of good memories.

Latest posts