• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bottom problem

CerithSmurg

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie Smurgol had this hard matter stuck to him, for a couple of weeks (pic 1). At first I thought it was shed and it would drop off by itself but now I’m not so sure. I guess it fell off this morning as when I went to feed him his greens I noticed it’s gone. So I thought I’d check his bottom and had a bit of a shock (pic 2). He’s fine otherwise. I’ve phoned for a vet appointment but it’s not for two weeks and I’ve ordered a fecal test. Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Attachments

• FF7B1517-2F1C-4C04-B906-1F47350585CA.jpeg
    FF7B1517-2F1C-4C04-B906-1F47350585CA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 2BA5D54B-44E1-4B88-BCDA-ED5D0C4C8F85.jpeg
    2BA5D54B-44E1-4B88-BCDA-ED5D0C4C8F85.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Idk what that is... it looks like a mixture of stool, urate, possibly a sperm plug? And hes shedding/scales are coming off,... i mean no disrespect in saying this (cause it is hard to keep a lizard clean I’ll admit that) but , you need to keep his behind cleaner, it looks like his raw skin in the second pic, i wipe my beardies butt after a poo, and on weekly baths i scrub side to side and WITH the scales (NEVER against them) id recommend that, if its an infection (which you might if just caught in time) it might need antibiotics, or a simple betadine solution diluted down with 5parts water to 1 part betadine, (if you try to take it on yourself, dont get the betadine on any inside skin, it will definitely sting/tingle) hope your guys bum does better :(

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie Smurgol had this hard matter stuck to him, for a couple of weeks (pic 1). At first I thought it was shed and it would drop off by itself but now I’m not so sure. I guess it fell off this morning as when I went to feed him his greens I noticed it’s gone. So I thought I’d check his bottom and had a bit of a shock (pic 2). He’s fine otherwise. I’ve phoned for a vet appointment but it’s not for two weeks and I’ve ordered a fecal test. Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything I can do? Thanks.
Maybe a warm bath would loosen whatever that is which looks like shed to me

Latest posts