• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blood in dragons poop!!

grootthedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

Hoping to get some advice.

I just got home and went to check on my dragon when i noticed he had pooped, but there was quite a lot of blood covering it.

IMG_20200509_142145.jpg

There also appeared to be this at the end

IMG_20200509_142158.jpg

I feed him roaches, crickets, morio worms
He usually has some pellets in a dish should he want them when I'm at work

He'll eat Kale and rocket as well as an occasional treat of fresh herbs (parsley, coriander)

He's about 3-4 years old

No odd/dark colours anywhere on him and this is the first time i have seen this happen

Hope somebody can shed some light!

Thanks,
Andy

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Andy,

Not sure what that could be but it might be a good idea to see the vet. That's my general rule with respect to blood.

Hopefully someone else here can shed some light on this.

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Agree with Josh, blood in stool can be several issues. Internal pathogens, constipation, cancer....a vet visit is going to be your best bet at getting a definitive answer. And I wouldnt wait too long, when blood starts showing up it's getting pretty serious.

grootthedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Andy,

Not sure what that could be but it might be a good idea to see the vet. That's my general rule with respect to blood.

Hopefully someone else here can shed some light on this.
Thanks Josh, already booked in to see the vet tomorrow morning

grootthedragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Agree with Josh, blood in stool can be several issues. Internal pathogens, constipation, cancer....a vet visit is going to be your best bet at getting a definitive answer. And I wouldnt wait too long, when blood starts showing up it's getting pretty serious.
Thanks Crabs. He's seeing the vet in the morning

Latest posts