• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blackened tail tip

ZillaBest

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there.!

Just a quick question. Zilla has settled into living with us great, he's eating and playful (although no poop for a week so on a side note is this normal.?) But I have noticed the tip of his tail is slightly black compared to the rest of his body. It's not got any bigger I've been keeping an eye on it, however do you think I should take him to the vets to get checked.?

I've attached a picture just so yous can see what I mean.

Thank youu
20210220_174849.jpg

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
With the poop thing you might want to worry. I have heard that The minimum they can poop is once a week. And for the tail it looks normal to me so I would not waste money on the vet but don’t take my advice only wait for other people to come to see what they think

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I’d just give him a warm bath to help with the shedding as well as his bowel movements (he might be a little impacted or dehydrated if he hasn’t gone in a week) so while he’s in the bath I’d just massage his belly a bit just start around the centre and with gentle pressure more to the base of his tail. I say a good 15 minute bath daily until he poops. Hope this help

ZillaBest

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’d just give him a warm bath to help with the shedding as well as his bowel movements (he might be a little impacted or dehydrated if he hasn’t gone in a week) so while he’s in the bath I’d just massage his belly a bit just start around the centre and with gentle pressure more to the base of his tail. I say a good 15 minute bath daily until he poops. Hope this help
Thank you for the help he isn't a huge fan of the bath but will keep trying and hopefully it works x

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you for the help he isn't a huge fan of the bath but will keep trying and hopefully it works x
It truly depends on the beardie many learn to like it and others just don’t it’s almost like dogs. My beardie Cleo loves baths and will swim around, she’ll even protest if I try and take her out of it lol. But my Starbucks absolutely hates them even though he will only go to the bathroom in a bath ... so sadly he has no choice when it comes to bath time lol. You can always try gradually increasing the water while he’s in there, honestly though beardies do tend to calm down eventually. Plus he does need to go to the bathroom at this point it’s not good for his health so it’s just gotta be one of those f-it moments where he doesn’t get a choice lol

Latest posts